Friday, November 27, 2009

Conversation Piece

I thought this was too awesome not to share. From the R-G:
Sources of U.S. accomplishment

I am pretending that I am a person from another country who will do about anything to be able to live in the United States of America and become a citizen. I have studied the history of the U.S. and have learned of her greatness and progress despite things that at times were not done justly.

One thing that really stood out in my studies was that the U.S. accomplished its greatness under the influence of Christianity. If I ever get to the U.S. I am not going to try to change that influence. I will practice my religion and not make a wave and hang on for the ride.

One thing that influenced my conclusion that Christianity was a great positive influence in the progress and greatness of the U.S. is the acres and acres and acres and acres and acres and rows and rows and rows and rows and rows of crosses, and many Stars of David, in cemeteries in the U.S. and in several countries throughout the world.

Charles E. Sullivan Springfield
Mind blown?

2 comments:

Stevie said...

I am pretending I am a person who does NOT feel like moving to another country because of people like Charles E. Sullivan.


Good god.

Dennis said...

Mind blown indeed. Satire? Serious? I CAN'T FIGURE IT OUT.