Monday, May 5, 2008

Re-Elect Change!

For those of you not from Oregon, Senator Gordon Smith is a two-term incumbent facing re-election this year. He is considered vulnerable, especially to a 2006-like overwhelming tide of Democratic support.

Smith would like to portray himself as a moderate, but has marched pretty much lock-step with the President on everything. There was a brief time in 2007, post-election, that he came out against the war, but then kept right on voting for funding.

When I first saw this campaign commercial it was late on Friday night and I have been drinking whiskey, organizing grievances, and wearing myself out playing tennis on the Wii, so I thought maybe I had misunderstood/hallucinated the entire thing.

Nope, the two-term Bush-supporting Republican is running as an agent of "change."

No comments: