Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Bard Fest...

kicks ass!

Amber has a lead role in Comedy of Errors - by William Shakespeare (that's right, Shakespeare) - and she was amazingly good. Like, one of three people in the entire play that was not speed-saying her lines, but actually acting with facial expressions and gestures and everything.

Even though most of the kids bit, I'm still processing that a seventh grade class was able to work up a full Shakespeare play and put it on so that a decent portion of the plot was intelligible. I don't really remember seventh grade (good times, good times), but I dare say that we weren't putting on Shakespeare.

Post-play I suggested that she thinking about acting, she was so good. She replied that she didn't think so, as acting seemed like a lot of work.

Always my daughter, that Amber.

3 comments:

wobblie said...

Wait. Amber's in the seventh grade?!? Holy crap!

S said...

Ha! I TOLD you. Good for her, and a big congratulations. And way to be publicly supportive. That is excellent.

dr said...

Kids today...