Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Failure!

Apparently my ability to offend is so potent that I have brought disrepute on previous endeavors. Not wishing to bring undue stress into the lives of those that didn't ask for it, I think I'll make my home back over here for awhile where friends of mine won't feel the need to apologize to friends of theirs for my observationings.

With that in mind, let me offer this as a first post back.

It seems that the Sons and Daughters of Confederate Veterans, Maryland chapters, hold an annual meeting at Johns Hopkins University. This year they have been told that they will not be able to use the university facilities to hold their meeting. According to this blog post, this is being done specifically because the continued veneration of those that rebelled against the United States in defense of the right to hold a certain class of people in bondage has become distasteful.

The kicker is that the blog post declares this act to be "unpatriotic." Try wrapping your head around that one.

I also particularly enjoy comment number four:
Richard G. Williams, Jr. said...

I'm sure that Bill Ayers, the unrepentant terrorist, would be welcome at John Hopkins.
I wanted to write, "As opposed to the unrepentant Sons and Daughters of traitors?" but the blog is moderated, so I guessed that my missive wouldn't make it through.

3 comments:

Mark said...

It makes me sad and happy at the same time.

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you back here Dave! I guess that guy really *is* evil ...

ash said...

yay! if you check your log, you'll see that i have actually navigated over this way more than once since you closed up shop. i missed the GBOR and i am glad you are back. some of us need more unfiltered dave in our lives!