Monday, December 8, 2008

What a Weekend!

I:

had lunch with Malone.
hung with Patrick and Malone in the afternoon.
took the wrong bus home.
went to an art installation in Springfield, hung with art types.
had my childhood mocked (on accident).
ate Taco Time.
attended a surprise party.
ate a pizza.
spent two hours shopping for a new phone.
bought the most expensive phone the Sprint store had.
ordered a PPV fight.
ate pizza.
hosted a party.
got drunk.
played Wii.
did not (to my knowledge) embarrass myself.
woke up with the buyer's remorse.
snuggled with my wife.
had breakfast with my wife.
bought Amber presents.
got my new phone fixed.
went out to dinner with my wife.
declined an invitation to a strip club.
ate fried chicken while watching Speed.
read a book.
regretted the chicken.
went to bed.

All-in-all, a pretty good time.

5 comments:

RK said...

Almost watched Speed, too. Couldn't talk PJ into it. We watched Family Guy, then "Gone, Baby, Gone. Thanks for changing your blog photo. The last one made me feel like somebody was mad at me.

dave3544 said...

You guys enjoy Gone, Baby Gone? I though the movie was better than the book, but both so wildly implausible that I had a hard time knowing what to think. It seemed like Lehane and the movie folks wanted me to take this seriously, but I just couldn't.

lex dexter said...

lehane has a "wildly implausible" problem en general. but then, so does the whole genre.

RK said...

I like the wildly implausible in crime fiction. I mean, without it most of these protagonists would be dead in the first 15 pages. Grains of salt and such.

dave3544 said...

I guess I meant that I found, not so much the plot, but the characters wildly implausible. I had no idea what drove them, though they did seem driven.