Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Sam Adams Needs to Go

Portland mayor Sam Adams should resign. Quickly. In disgrace.

For those out of the Oregon loop, he admitted to having a dalliance with an 18 year-old intern after denying it repeatedly while running for office. Willamette Week has the details.

Once again, it's not the sex, it's the lying. Adams knew that an admission he had sex with an 18 year-old intern would affect voters' judgment of him and lessen his chances of being elected, so he lied about it. He asked others to lie for him. This should be pretty simple. We cannot have politicians lying to us on the grounds that if we knew something about them, they would have a lesser chance of being elected.

3 comments:

mike3550 said...

When I saw the title, I swore that you were talking about the beer. I was going to enthusiastically agree with you. I don't understand why everyone on the east coast loves it so much.

Then I read the post. Then I was disgusted. Even more than I would have been by having to chug a pint of Sam Adams Cherry Lager.

Michael Faris said...

I hope you're calling for the resignation of many other politicians as well, if lying is so bad. This guys lies about sex, and everyone wants him to quit. Gordon lied in his campaign ads. Al French admitted to lying about Kerry, yet no one's calling for his resignation. See this post for a decent take on the topic (as well as more context on what I just mentioned).

brown beard said...

NW republican is going ape-shit over this!